CPSC Business Portal
CPSC’s Business Portal is the online home for businesses to interact with CPSC. Through the portal, businesses can review and comment on consumer product safety reports submitted to SaferProducts.gov.
For section 15 reporting, businesses should visit https://saferproducts.gov/section15.
SaferProducts.gov and the information it contains, including the publicly available consumer product safety information database (Database) and the business portal on the database [Collectively Referred to Herein as SaferProducts.gov], is provided as a public service by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) Without Express or implied warranties of any kind, and is subject to the following:
1. Limitation of Liability:
SaferProducts.gov is provided as a public service by the CPSC. It is monitored to ensure proper operation, to verify the functioning of applicable security features, and for other similar purposes. Anyone using SaferProducts.gov expressly consents to such monitoring. Unauthorized attempts to modify any information stored on this system, to defeat or circumvent security features, or to use this system for other than its intended purposes, are prohibited and may result in criminal prosecution.
The CPSC makes no claims, promises, or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the contents of SaferProducts.gov. The CPSC expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions in the contents of SaferProducts.gov. No warranty of any kind, express, implied, or statutory, including, but not limited to, the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and freedom from computer virus, is given with respect to the contents of Saferproducts.gov, or links to other Internet resources contained therein.
Reference to SaferProducts.gov or to any specific commercial product, processes, or services, or the use of any trade, firm, or corporation name is for the information and convenience of the public, and does not constitute endorsement, recommendation, rejection, favoring, or disfavoring by the CPSC.
2. Disclaimer, Accuracy, Changes, and Continuity of Service:
SaferProducts.gov users choosing to search, review, print, or download information, enter a report of harm (Report) about a harm or risk of harm relating to the use of a consumer product or other product or substance regulated by the CPSC, submit a comment about a Report, submit a claim that a Report contains materially inaccurate or confidential information, or otherwise utilize information contained on SaferProducts.gov, do so at their own risk.
The CPSC does not have the resources to conduct an in-depth investigation or verify the accuracy of every Report or comment submitted for inclusion on SaferProducts.gov. The CPSC does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the contents of SaferProducts.gov, particularly with respect to information submitted by persons outside of the CPSC.
The CPSC may make changes to SaferProducts.gov, or to any related Web page, at any time.
Information publicly posted on Saferproducts.gov is considered public information and may be distributed or copied. This does not include personally identifiable information. However, all information properly submitted to the CPSC through SaferProducts.gov shall be deemed and shall remain the property of the CPSC, except those submissions made under separate legal contract. The CPSC shall be free to use, for any purpose, any ideas, concepts, or techniques contained in information provided to the CPSC through SaferProducts.gov.
- Persons submitting information to the CPSC through SaferProducts.gov warrant that they have read and agree to follow all statutory (section 6A of the Consumer Product Safety Act (CPSA)) and regulatory (16 CFR 1102) requirements therein.
- Manufacturers (including importers) and private labelers, choosing to use the Business Portal to review and comment on Reports, and to make claims that a Report contains confidential or materially inaccurate information, expressly certify that they recognize that such activity does not satisfy the reporting requirements under section 15(b) of the CPSA, 15 U.S.C. 2064(b). if they receive information through the Business Portal that - either alone, or with other information such firm now has or may later receive, reasonably supports a conclusion that a product fails to comply with an applicable consumer product safety rule, fails to comply with any other rule, regulation, standard or ban under any Act enforced by the Commission, contains a defect which could create a substantial product hazard, or creates an unreasonable risk of death or serious injury. Such firms must notify the Office of Compliance and Field Operations at the CPSC by submitting a Section 15(b) report. Section 15(b) reports will not be included in the Saferproducts.gov Database or any other public facing agency website.
Manufacturers (including importers) and private labelers choosing to use the Business Portal to review and comment on Reports, and to make claims that a Report contains confidential or materially inaccurate information, expressly certify that, pursuant to section 6A(b)(6) of the CPSA and 16 CFR 1102.20(b), if they receive name and contact information on a Report, they will not use or disseminate such information to any other party for any other purpose other than verification of information contained in a Report. Verification of information contained in a Report must not include activities such as sales, promotion, marketing, warranty, or any other commercial purpose. Verification of information contained in a Report may include verification of the:
- (1) Identity of the submitter and/or the victim, including name, location, age, and gender;
- (2) Consumer product, including serial or model number, date code, color, or size;
- (3) Harm or risk of harm related to the use of the consumer product;
- (4) Description of the incident related to use of the consumer product;
- (5) Date or approximate date of the incident; and/or
- (6) Category of submitter.
- If you receive information through the business portal that you are not authorized by law or this agreement to receive you agree to immediately take any steps the Agency requires of you to return or destroy such information along with any signed certification of destruction or return.
CPSC may temporarily or permanently terminate access to the Business Portal on SaferProducts.gov for any manufacturer (including importers) or private labeler found to be in violation of agency laws or requirements.
The terms of CPSC's Privacy and Security Notice applies to the use of SaferProducts.gov.
All materials on the site are presented by the CPSC for general informational purposes only. These materials do not, and are not intended to, constitute legal advice.